We are delighted with your interest in our community. The links below will give you the basic required documents for your membership application.
The Jewish Community of Geneva (CIG) has been serving the Jews of Geneva since 1852, when the Grand Council of Geneva approved the statutes of the Community – although operating informally under the name of “Jewish Community of the Canton of Geneva” since 1835.
The Jewish Community of Geneva welcomes Jews of all leanings and origins. We focus on preservation of traditional Judaism and the rules of Halachah, while being open to society and the era we live in.
The CIG is the biggest member community in Geneva and, after Zurich, the second largest of Switzerland. It is, as such, a major part of the FSCI (Fédération Suisse des Communautés Israélites – Swiss Federation of Jewish Communities), the primary overseeing body of the Swiss Jewish communities.
The CIG’s goal is to accompany its members from birth and throughout their lives by offering:
- Ashkenazi and Sephardi places for worship (Beth Yaacov and Dumas synagogues)
- A pre-school and kindergarden (GAN yeladim)
- Talmud Torah
- Jewish youth center with activities for youngsters from 6 to 26.
- Ulpan · Library of national importance (Swiss Federal Cultural Office)
- A Social Welfare Service to meet the needs of the most needy among us to provide them both the necessary material and psychological help.
- Kosher restaurant and catering
- Cultural activities
- Two Jewish cemeteries in Geneva
- Carouge and Veyrier
The Jewish Community of Geneva is the seat of local rabbinical authority, under Rav Izhak Dayan, the Chief Rabbi of Geneva.
Becoming a member of the Jewish Community of Geneva is a continuation of more than 165 years of our community’s history in Geneva. It further opens its doors to you of the numerous benefits, infrastructure and services of the community and your solidary with it –now fully yours!
You will find below (click) the following documents, which will allow you to submit your membership application.
Our general office secretary can help you with any question or help you may need to complete your application. You may contact by phone or email at:
T. +41 22 317 89 75
Email : Adhesion@comisra.ch
Contact person : Nathalie BOUGANIM
Avenue Dumas, 21 – 1206 – Genève